Sunday, March 15, 2009

And so it goes

Last week I received the Female Bloggers poses from Dove Swanson of Long Awkward Pose as part of her Blogger Appreciation Program.  This made me realize that as essential as poses are to my photos, I've never dedicated a post to them or even mentioned them within the body of a post.  When I think about how much I love poses and how I can spend more time trying to find the perfect pose for an outfit than it takes me to put the outfit together in the first place, I wonder why I have been so neglectful.  As much as any article of clothing, poses can instantly convey the mood of an outfit or post... they can express certain nuances that would take many words to describe and end up detracting from the post or boring the reader to death.  With that in mind, I decided to dedicate today's post (and hopefully future ones if I can figure out a better presentation of them) to some of my favorite poses.  

No pose collection would be complete without poses from LAP.  While it would be impossible to choose my favorite LAP pose, I went with what I consider my LBD (little black dress) of poses - Fierce Carrie from the SLex and the City collection.  If it weren't for a need for variety, I'd use this pose in every post.  I like how it conveys attitude through such a simple stance.  I also love Twosome poses for their quirkiness; Aw Really? is my all-time favorite.  Although I usually prefer cute/quirky/silly poses, I really like Cool #05 from C'est la vie because of its silhouette and the angle of the right leg (similar to Aw Really?'s). I've never used the Giselle poses from Elisa, but bought the full pack because of how lovely they are. 


Pose 1:  Elisa - Giselle3
Pose 2:  LAP - Fierce Carrie
Pose 3:  C'est la vie - Cool Pose #05
Pose 4:  Twosome - Aw Really?
Skin & eyes:  Imagen - Mannequin Dollarbie
Outfit:  Pig - Holiday Sheila (gift)
Shoes:  Maitreya - Slinky Stilettos in silver

No comments: